Ijo Temple is located in Bukit Ijo, Sambirejo village, Prambanan, Sleman, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Located at the high temple in Yogyakarta that presents the charm of nature and culture as well as the middle of the plane landing. This makes temple Adisucipto airport runway can not be extended to the east.
Down the road to the south of Queen Boko Palace complex is an exciting journey, especially for cultural tourism lovers. How not, the temple there were scattered like mushrooms in the rainy season. One of them that has not been a debate is Ijo Temple, a temple located at the height of the other temples in Yogyakarta.
Ijo Temple was built around the 9th century, on a hill known as the Green Hill Ijo dunes which height is 410 m above sea level. Because of its height, it is not only the temple but also can enjoy the natural scenery below such as terraces of agriculture land with steep slopes. Although not a fertile area, the landscape around the temple is very beautiful to enjoy.
The temple complex consists of 17 structures were divided into 11 terraces. The first terrace the yard leading to the entrance is a terrace staircase stretching from west to east. Building on the porch to-11 in the form of fences, eight stakes phallus, four buildings namely the main temple, and three ancillary temples. The laying of the building on each terrace is based on the sacredness. Building on the highest terrace is the most sacred.
Various forms of art found from the entrance to the building is classified as a Hindu temple. Just above the entrance there is a motive when makara with double heads and some of its attributes. Motif and attributes which can also be found in Buddhist temples show that such temples are acculturation forms of Hindu and Buddhist culture. Some temples have a motive when similar makara among others Ngawen, Plaosan and Sari.
There are also statues that depict women and men who drift and lead to a particular side. The figure may have several meanings. First, as suwuk to mngusir evil spirits and the second as a symbol of unity of Lord Shiva and Goddess Uma. Unity is interpreted as the beginning of the creation of the universe. Unlike the statue in Prambanan Temple, natural style of the statues in Ijo Temple do not lead to eroticism.
Towards building ancillary temples on the terrace to the 11th, there is a place like a bath of fire sacrifice (homa). Right at the top of the back wall there are air holes or vents in the form of a parallelogram and a triangle. The existence of a fire sacrifice reflects the Hindu community that worships Brahma. Three perwara show respect for the people in the Hindu Trimurti, Brahma, Shiva, and Whisnu.
One of the works that keep mystery are two inscriptions located on the terrace of the temple on the 9th. One of the inscriptions is coded F with the writing Guywan or Bluyutan meaning place for meditation. Another inscription is made of stone as high as 14 cm and 9 cm thick containing magic spells that are predicted to be a curse. Spells were written 16 times and them that read "Om Sarwwawinasa, Sarwwawinasa." It could be two inscriptions may relate closely to certain occurrences in Java at the time. What events? Has yet to unfold.
Visiting this temple, you can see the beautiful scenery that can not be found in other temples. When facing the west and look down, you can see the planes taking off and landing at Adisucipto Airport. This scenery because Thousand Mountains where the temple stands is the border of the eastern part of the airport. Because of the existence of the temple in the mountains anyway, Adisucipto airport runway can not be extended to the east.
Every detail of the temple presents meaningful thing and invites the audience to reflect that the trip will not just be fun. The existence of many great works of art without the name of the author shows a view of the current Java community that emphasized more on moral message presented by a work of art, not the creators or the greatness of their works.
Samosir Island is a volcanic island in the middle of Lake Toba in North Sumatra province. Samosir Island is commonly called the island in the island with an altitude of 1,000 meters above sea level, making the island became an island that attract the tourists.
Tuktuk is the concentration of tourists on the island. From Parapat, Tuktuk can be connected to the ferry crossing. In addition to water transportation, Samosir Island can also be reached by road through Pangururan be a place where Samosir Island and the island of Sumatra in touch.
Samosir island itself is located in the district of Samosir newly bloomed in 2003 from the former-Toba Samosir regency.
On this island there are also two small lakes as a tourist area that Sidihoni Lake and Lake Aek Natonang who earned the nickname "lake on the lake".
Destinations in Samosir
Samosir has tourism potential areas based on natural scenery, spiritual tours, farm tours, cultural tours and the waters of Lake Toba. Tourism Object is scattered in various subdistrict. If you've been in Samosir, you should take the time to enjoy it, even just crossing / passing.
District Simanindo, Samosir
Tourism Object in this district in the form of history as a tourist attraction
- Tomb of King Sidabutar, was in Tomok, tomb stone carved intact without any linkage to the resting place of King Sidabutar businessmen Tomok area at that time.
- Parsidangan stone, located in the village of stone Siallagan is structured so during the reign of King Siallagan to a judge and execute criminals.
- Museum Huta Bolon, storage ancient objects of the Batak
Arts and Culture Tourism Object like
- Performing Sigale gale, was in Tomok is a folk art form of sculpture is made so that can dance to the rhythm of traditional music gondang.
- Arts Building, building cultural attractions and art, are in Tuktuk Siadong
Object Nature ie
- Marhosa stone, was in sigarantung, the village is a natural phenomenon stone Parmonangan benafas or can exhale
- Goa Marlakkop, in the village of Tanjung
- Stone fences and Bottean, in Lontung
- Ambarita coast, where bathing and fishing
- Aek Natonang, located at dsa Tanjungan a lake on the lake and is planned as an area covering 105 ha Forest Tourism.
- Pulo Tao, restaurants and camping ground is located in the Village Beach Simanindo.
- Tuktuk Siadong, cape peninsula-shaped region that is located so that now the center of tourist activities (tourism central district), are met by the hotel and restaurant business as well as a painter and engraver.
- International Kite Beta hill, a special area in Tuktuk Siadong which has ditabalkan by the Governor of North Sumatra Mr. T. Rizal Nurdin in August 2004 to the location of the International kite game
Subdistrict Pangururan, Samosir
- Thermal Baths, within 3 KM from the city Pangururan
- Tano Ponggol canal, the canal that separates the island of Samosir in Sumatra Island created by the colonial Dutch and is still functioning.
- Persanggarahan, Dutch colonial heritage buildings currently used as an office and residence of the acting regent of Samosir, located in the City Pangururan.
- Statue of Liberty Malau, A memorial fight fighter force 45 from the island of Samosir who helped the independence of the Republic of Indonesia.
Tourism Object Art and Culture
- Open Stage, building outdoor stage in the middle of town Pangururan as the arts and cultural attractions.
- Weaving Ulos Batak community, community groups working on traditional weaving Ulos Hobo in Lumban Suhi-suhi within + 4 Km from Kota Pangururan.
Subdistrict Sianjur Mula Mula, Samosir
- Mount Pusuk Buhit, Batak ethnic origin
- Aek Boras, springs Teacher Tatea Month
- Aek sipitu Dai, water sources can be streamed into seven channels and has seven flavors and can be believed to cure various diseases.
- Sawan stone, a stone lime flavored water
- Pulo Tulas, a small island in the middle of Lake Toba
- Parhusipan stone, the meeting place of Si Boru Pareme
- Pargasipan stone,
- Nanggor stone, a rock hammer Thousand Hills King forge weapons
- Hobon stone, stone storage heirlooms.
- Sigulatti, place in the mountains Pusuk Buhit who believed the origin of the Batak.
Subdistrict Onan Runggu, Samosir
- Lagundi Sitamiang, the location for the camp is equipped with teenagers cottage
- Surlau Tambun, a natural bath with fresh water and cool air
- Hariara Na Bolon, a natural phenomenon where the miraculous banyan tree (hariara) fused to form a very large tree
- Free Sukkean beach, beach with pristine white sand and has been frequently visited by foreign tourists for bathing and sunbathing.
Daily Subdistrict Boho, Samosir
- Tele view tower, tower tmpat panoramic view of Lake Toba on the heights of the Tele.
- Partukko Naginjang, in the village of Promise Martahan Martahan, landing sites peterbang Kite
- Niagara Sampuran Euphrates Dolok bill, with 26 M height and width 10 M is 3 KM from Daily Boho
- Spring Pohan Pokki, in Sitohang within 2 KM from Port Sitohang
Subdistrict Nainggolan, Samosir
- Stone Master, A stone that has three foundations are believed to be the slogan of the Batak is "Dalihan Natolu"
- King maria beach, free beach in the village of Mary King with white sand and crystal clear water lake for bathing and recreation.
Subdistrict sitio Tio, Samosir
- Spring Datu Parngongo, + 4 Km from Pier Tamba is magical springs made by a Datu Parngongo contained in lerng very steep hill.
- The beach is free, location in the village Sabulan
- Saruding Boru baths, located in Ranssangbosi ar
ound + 35 Km from Pangururan.
Subdistrict Ronggurnihuta, Samosir
- Sidihoni lake, a lake in the middle of Samosir Island is unique as the lake above the lake.
- Aek Liang, a natural phenomenon of spring in the cave.
- Sidam cave-dam
- Sidam stone-dam, the black stone which was holy and sacred
- Simalinting, a large tomb
Subdistrict Palipi, Samosir
- Chain stone, in the City Mogang
- Somalim Piso, a historic place in Mogang
- Hot Simbolon, sulfur rocky area where there are hot springs unspoiled.
Lake Toba is a volcanic lake with a length of 100 kilometers and 30 kilometers wide, located in the province of North Sumatra, Indonesia. This lake is the largest lake in Indonesia and Southeast Asia. In the middle of this lake there is a volcanic island called Samosir Island.
Lake Toba has long been an important tourist destination in North Sumatra, Bukit Lawang, Berastagi and Nias, attract domestic and foreign tourists.
In addition to enjoying the natural beauty and hospitality of the lake and its inhabitants, while in Samosir you can see attractions such as seeing the grave stone, Simando, Ambarita (stone table where traditional Batak penalties) or swimming in natural hot springs.
Lake Toba tourist information
- Lake Toba is located in Indonesia
- Location: North Sumatra
- Country: Indonesia
- Coordinates: 3.58 ° N 98.67 ° E
- Attraction type: Nature tourism, lake
It is estimated that Lake Toba explosion occurred at about 73000-75000 years ago and is the eruption (super volcano) the most recent. Bill Rose and Craig Chesner from Michigan Technological University estimate sea.
This incident caused mass death and the extinction of some species also followed. According to some DNA evidence, this eruption also reduced the number of people to about 60% of the total human population of the earth at that time, which is about 60 million people. The eruption also caused the ice age, although experts still debate it. After the eruption, the caldera formed which is then filled with water and became what is now known as Lake Toba. Pressure up by magma that has not come out cause the appearance of the island.
International multidisciplinary research team, led by Dr. Michael Petraglia, revealed in a press conference in Oxford, the United States has found a new archaeological site that is quite spectacular by geologists in the southern and northern India. On the site it was revealed how people survive, before and after volcanic eruptions (supervolcano) Toba 74,000 years ago, and evidence of life under the ashes of Mount Toba. Though the source of the eruption is 3,000 miles, from the distribution of ashes.
The spread of volcanic dust was very spacious, found almost all over the world. Derived from an ancient supervolcano eruption, namely Mount Toba. Alleged leads to Mount Toba, as evidence of molecular forms of the same volcanic dust in the 2100 period. Since caldera crater that is now a lake Toba in Indonesia, 3,000 miles, from the source of the eruption. In fact, surprisingly enough, it turns out spread of dust to be recorded up to the North Pole. This is reminiscent of the experts, how powerful the Toba super volcano eruption at that time.
Tourism Object nature of Lake Toba.